Tulisa Contostavlos is said to be “gutted” and “embarrassed” after being told she won’t be returning to The X Factor this year.
According to The Sun, the Sight Of You singer met with show producer Richard Holloway earlier this week (Tuesday February 26), where she was told she’d been axed from the X Factor judging panel after just two series.
And understandably, Tulisa – who won the ITV show in 2011 with girl group Little Mix – is totally confused and upset by Simon Cowell’s decision not to renew her contract.
“To say Tulisa is gutted is an understatement,” a source revealed. “She’s a bit embarrassed to be on the scrapheap when she delivered with Little Mix.
“She’s thrown away one of the most high-profile jobs in the industry as well as one of the best paid. But she simply wasn’t up to scratch last year and Simon Cowell had no real option.”
This isn’t the first time Tulisa’s been rumored to be leaving the show – last month she was forced to brand an article in the Daily Star claiming she’d quit after hearing Nicole Scherzinger was returning as complete lies.
If the latest gossip is true, former Scary Spice Mel B is thought to be replacing T on the judging panel, with Robbie Williams also rumoured to be joining the new line-up.
Join the MissCeleb mailing list and get daily updates straight to your inbox!